Friday, January 11, 2008



Ok, so it has been awhile since I have posted, but oh well. Things are looking pretty good in the New Year. I decided to wait on setting any resolutions until after the New Year rang in, mainly because I have been sicker than a dog since the day after Christmas. I am thinking these are going to be my resolutions:


1.) Complete my 2007 Digi Scrapbook Album and send into Heritage Makers

2.) Complete my ELL certification requirements and renew my teaching certificate

3.) Work out ten times a month (that is 2.5 times a week-starting this Sunday 1/13) all year.

4.) Begin my Heritage Album and get 15 pages complete.

5.) Find a playgroup for Macy over the summer/spring/fall of some type.


Christmas was great. My parents flew down to see Macy and it seemed like we spent the time shopping, eating, or sleeping. We napped alot and shopped quite a bit. Didn't get to read many books, but I got to spend some good time with Mom and Dad. On Christmas Eve we went over to John and Linda's. We had a buffet of soups again, and this year I brought cream of peanut soup. It was good, but not very filling. Next time I will probably bring a tomato soup of some type. We listened to the christmas story for the kids, and opened presents.


On Christmas day, we woke up at about 6:30 and opened presents. Macy loved the christmas bows and paper, and she did get into opening them about the third one in. She actually wanted to play with some presents-her tool bench and her Peter Rabbit lift the flap book. She loves those. Then Chris made a prime rib and we cleaned house. That night, everyone came over for christmas dinner, and we spent some time talking and hanging out. It got to be too much for Macy (too loud I think).


The rest of the time we relaxed and took naps. Macy received a lot of clothes from my parents and Aunt Pat and Uncle Jack and even Betty, who works with my mom. Then, Mom and I got sick with a sore throat and a cold. Macy ended up getting pink eye and an ear infection too, so we were sick the rest of the time. Dad and Chris built a work bench out in the garage-it looks great!


We didn't really do anything over New Year's-I was sick and tired and Chris was stressed out from work. We did end up taking Macy to the Zoo on the 6th though. She enjoyed the giraffes, flamingos, and prairie dogs-she waved and talked to them. I think because we could get close to them primarily. The zoo was fun though-the weather was great and it wasn't really crowded.


This weekend we don't have big plans. Chris has a lot of bids going out so he has been stressing. I have a paper to write for my grad class and some work for my ELL class to complete, so that isn't going to be that much fun. I also get to do a big application for summer institutes and travel, which should be fun.


Macy is 9 months old now. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She accidentally said "Mom" a few weeks ago, but she now seems to be able to scrape out "up" and knows what she means and wants with it. We hear alot of "ba ba ba" and "mamama". She loves to read books. She will read the same one over and over again. She is an avocado whore. When she is sick, that is usually the only thing she wants to eat. She is standing more and transferring herself down the couch-and even stands for one or two seconds without support. She usually sleeps from 6:30pm to about 6:30amish. We are practicing putting the spoon into her mouth, and drinking more and more from a sippy cup. We are doing more and more soft foods-she likes small bits of carrots and chunks of banana and avocado. She can identify some animals and some toy items. She knows who Chris and I are-and Mimi. When she is well, she goes down easy here at the house, since she is sleeping in her own crib. She yells at us when she wants something, which is cute. Her front bottom tooth is poking through, and the right bottom front is on the way. At her nine month check up she weighed 18.5 (40th percentile) and 28.5 inches long (40th). She likes Barney and Clifford, bunnies, deer, and bears-flashcards. Her feet are huge-she wears size 4.


Well, that is the update. Have a great week all!

No comments:

Blog Archive